The dunderheads over at the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence posted this little jem on their Facebook page a couple of weeks ago:
This is not the first time a gun control group has advocated this exact thing. MDA, Brady and others have all said about the same thing. The theme in all of them are about the same too. “If you see someone carrying a gun, call the cops and hope they shoot them to death.”
And yet they accuse us of being the violent ones?
This is my question back: Since what they are telling their followers to do something illegal, does this make them (both their blind followers and the organization) an accessory to a crime? And as such, should they be held just as liable for said crime?
Because here is the twisted sense of justice they have. They hope that by calling the police, at worst they will just hassle the poor guy/gal going about their day doing nothing wrong, at best shoot them to death.
So they are advocating that you file a false police report just to harass someone and try to get them killed. So I say yet again, they accuse us of being the violent ones?
Let’s see, I’m pretty sure:
- Criminal Harassment is a misdemeanor to felony depending on the state. (According to Findlaw.com “Generally, criminal harassment entails intentionally targeting someone else with behavior that is meant to alarm, annoy, torment or terrorize them”. HMMM that sounds right.)
- Filing a false report is a felony
- Misuse of the 911 System which is a misdemeanor to a felony depending on the state.
- Not to mention that you are tying up resources that may be needed some where else
- and on top of all that….. Planning to get someone killed is a premeditated murder which is a felony
So that makes a person that does this a…criminal. Huh go figure.
So are you really sure you want to do this? Are you really sure that committing a crime to get your way is what you want to do? Are you so sure in your cause that the chance loosing all your freedoms is worth it? If so, then go for it. Show us how strong in your beliefs you really are.